This policy gives you the information required by the EU General data protection regulation of how we process your personal data in our services and business.
Unihome Ltd (2868187-2)
Hereinafter in this policy referred to as Company
+358 (0)2941 24727
Name of the personal data register
Unihome Ltd Customer and Marketing Register
The collected data
In order to take care of the customer relationship we gather the required personal data, such as the name and contact information of the customer, and service user information. We gather the personal data from the data subject and other, publicly available government registers and other external sources, such as trade register or a similar public company register and companies providing credit status inquiries. In addition, we gather the information of the individuals who have filled out our contact forms, and we use the information in question for the customer relationship maintenance purposes mentioned above. Data may also be gathered from the following sources: access control of the properties, cookies on our website and on our social media sites.
Purpose of personal data register and reason for processing
The personal data is processed in accordance with the current legislation for the purposes of online service testing, maintaining customer relationships, informing about services and advising. We may use the information of the data subject for gathering and analysing user statistics. The gathered information is also used for marketing communication purposes. The basis for personal data processing for marketing communications is the consent of the individual in question, given via a contact form. Direct marketing shall be discontinued at the request of the customer. The individual may at any time retract their consent by announcing it to the contact person mentioned previously. Processing of personal data may be necessary for the implementation of the legitimate interests of the customer relationship between the Company and the data subject. The Company has a legitimate interest in processing personal data for marketing, service and customer analysis purposes and for testing of the service. The marketing purposes may include profiling. In those cases, the data subject has the right to object to processing of personal data.
Disclosure of data
Personal data shall not be disclosed to third parties except for situations where the disclosure is required by law, such as statutory disclosure to government agencies or upon company acquisitions. In accordance with the Act on Accommodation and Catering Services, we submit the passenger details of foreigners to the competent police department in the location of the accommodation facilities. Personal data is not transferred outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area unless necessary for implementing the technical properties of the service. In possible disclosures and transfers of data, the level of security required by the data protection legislation and other appropriate safety measures shall be followed.
We protect the personal data with appropriate technological and organisational means. The information is collected in databases protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical means. Databases and their backups are located in locked and guarded premises and only certain pre-designated persons have access to them.
Duration of personal data storage and erasure of data
Personal data is stored as long as they are needed for the purpose mentioned for their gathering and processing, or until a contract is fulfilled, or as long as required by law and regulations. After this the personal data is deleted in an appropriate manner.
Rights of the data subject
The data subject has the following rights:
- Upon request, the data subject is allowed to access the personal data concerning them, within the limits of trade secret and internal assessments. The data subject shall send a written, signed request for access to the previously mentioned contact person. The data subject shall provide reliable identification.
- The data subject may ask for a correction of the data in case the data is insufficient or erroneous.
- The data subject may ask for erasure of data unless there is a statutory reason that does not require the consent of the data subject for processing.
- The data subject has the right to limit the processing of personal data if the correctness or legality of the data requires, or, according to the right to object, the data subject requests that the processing is limited to just storing the data.
- The data subject has the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes according to the legitimate interest of the Company.
- The data subject may request a transfer of the data to another controller if it is safe and technically feasible.
- The data subject can send the requests concerning their rights in writing or by email using the following contact information:
Inspection requests or other requests concerning personal data
Mailing address: Pohjoinen Hesperiankatu 23A, 00260 Helsinki
The company answers the requests within one month of their delivery unless there are special grounds to lengthen the answering period.
The right of the data subject to withdraw consent
In case the company has asked the data subject to give consent to handling their personal data, the data subject has the right to withdraw this consent at any time without providing a reason. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.